Is NovaSure Right for You?
The gynecologic surgeons at All About Women OB/GYN specialize in the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding and can determine if NovaSure endometrial ablation is the right treatment for you. If you are experiencing unusual menstrual bleeding and unsure of what's next, contact All about Women OB/GYN to discuss the underlying cause of your condition and discuss your NovaSure candidacy. To schedule your consultation, please call (703) 437-0001 to visit our OB/GYN offices in the Washington metropolitain area. All About Women OB/GYN is conveniently located throughout Reston, Dulles, and Leesburg, VA.
When Heavy Periods Signal a Problem
A number of things can cause heavy periods, but it can signal a health concern and lead to more serious problems.
A Uterine Growth
Heavy periods can be caused by a growth in the uterus, either a fibroid, which is a noncancerous tumor that develops in the uterine wall, or a polyp, which is a growth made up of endometrium tissue.
Heavy menstrual bleeding is one a common symptom of a variety of pelvic conditions, including:
- Adenomyosis- a condition where the inner lining of the uterus breaks through the muscle wall of the uterus.
- Endometriosis- a condition in which abnormal tissues similar to the endometrium begin to grow along the outside of the uterus, the ovaries, fallopian tubes, or the intestines.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome- a hormonal disorder that can cause the ovaries to become enlarged and develop small collections of fluid
- Pelvic inflammatory disease- an infection of the reproductive organs that can be a complication of some STDs.
Irregular ovulation, an ectopic pregnancy, and endometrial cancer can also result in heavy periods.
Is NovaSure® endometrial ablation right for me?
Could NovaSure® be right for you? If you answer to at least one of these questions is "yes," you may suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding. Schedule an appointment to find out if NovaSure is right for you!
- Does your period affect your quality of life?
- Are you bothered by the amount of bleeding or the pain that you have during your period?
- Does your period make you feel depressed, tired or moody?
- Would your life improve if you could decrease or completely eliminate your periods?
- Would you like to learn about a simple procedure that can help you take control of your period?
If you're like 1 in 5 women with heavy periods, you want to get back to life. NovaSure is a one-time, five-minute procedure that can lighten or end your heavy period. No pills. No hormonal side effects. For 77.7% of women, menstrual bleeding is dramatically reduced or stopped. It's a simple procedure that can be done in your doctor's office, usually for the cost of a copay. Take The Heavy Periods Quiz.
Considering NovaSure? You'll need to think about birth control too.
After the NovaSure procedure, it is still possible to get pregnant. Since pregnancy after any endometrial ablation procedure is dangerous for both the mother and the fetus, you'll need to rely on long-term birth control after the procedure.
It's very important to talk to your doctor ahead of time about what birth control method you will use after the NovaSure procedure.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: NovaSure is for premenopausal women with heavy periods due to benign causes who are finished childbearing. Pregnancy following NovaSure can be dangerous. NovaSure is not for those who have or suspect uterine cancer, have an active genital, urinary or pelvic infection, an IUD or a metal uterine implant. NovaSure is not a sterilization procedure. Rare but serious risks include but are not limited to thermal injury, perforation and infection. Temporary side effects may include cramping, nausea, vomiting, discharge and spotting.
Schedule a NovaSure Consultation in Reston, VA Today!
If you have been experiencing heavy menstrual bleeding and are looking for answers, contact All About Women OB/GYN to discuss the cause of your condition and the treatment options available at our OB/GYN office in the Washington metro area. To schedule your consultation in Reston, Dulles, or Leesburg, please call (703) 437-0001 or request an appointment through our secure online form.